Sunday, November 20, 2011

Now, what holiday is it again?

We've been doing a little holiday hopping around here. My children must be thoroughly dazed and confused.

We celebrated Halloween with our usual dress up and trick-or-treating, but since we didn't get to see all the Alabama cousins, Sylvia's sister invited us down in the middle of November for a belated Halloween party and hayride.

BUT, before we left that morning my mom's friend, Bonnie, invited us to get our pictures made with Santa at the Board of Realtors. Needless to say, Keatyn did NOT take a liking to Santa despite the hour I spent the day before in Lowe's holding her in front of a life sized singing Santa. I wish I knew how to download those pictures because they were adorable and pitiful all at the same time.

Much better in big brother's arms than in Saint Nicks...

My friend Iris was there with her adorable Olivia!
So we started off the morning in our Christmas duds, then changed into our comfy "Daddy's Little Pumpkin" Thanksgiving outfit for the 3 hour ride down, and then ended the evening in our smocked pumpkin dress for the Halloween party. It was like starring in our own version of Toddlers and Tiaras with all the costume changes.

Getting reacquainted with her Mimmie...
This little piggie...
Missy and Rick...
We finally got to meet sweet Mallory...
Priceless...
Trace was having so much fun running through the house with his cousins, we never got a true family picture. At least he sat still for Mimmie's.

Alex and Sandi had the yard and house looking amazing! There were spooks and pumpkins everywhere you looked. Alex took us all on a hayride around the neighborhood and the kids had a ball. I'll be picking hay out of the rump of my sweater all winter long.
We are so the minority in this group of huge Bama fans. I cringed a little but figured if it kept her from getting an ear infection it was worth it. ha! Oh, I hope Uncle Andy doesn't see this.


Trace is nearly as tall as his Mimmie...

I don't know if it was being in a strange place or sleeping in the pack and play, but Keatyn was up ALL NIGHT LONG! I mean, not even 30 minutes in a row. It was one miserable night, but we made it through and as soon as daylight hit, look who was ready for a nap? Gotta love her :)
So, today is the day before Thanksgiving, and I know tradition says you're not supposed to put the tree up until after, but...
We had a whole day at home with nowhere to be and nothing to do. Those days are rare and sometimes very needed. So, we talked daddy into getting down the tree and decorating the house a little early. Which, again, I know confused Trace because we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet and already we're getting ready for Christmas. Poor fella.

To my surprise, I look over while hanging the ornaments and who do I see??? Optimus Prime. He's had his Halloween costume on at least twice a week since we got it.
So we're decorating for Christmas, the day before Thanksgiving, in our Halloween costume.
And if you notice, all the ornaments he hung are about 35 inches from the ground in a perfect row. No ladder needed. Oh, I adore that boy!

Keatyn kept herself occupied with her choice of ornaments. Sing it sister.
To top off the day, we hung the window wreaths, lights and greenery outside. This year, we added a new lit angel and star to the house. I love decorating for Christmas, especially with my babies! We have SO much to be thankful for!!

Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, and Merry Christmas to you!

0 comments: