Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The spring break $100 Challenge- Day 2

I can't believe we've had this view right in our backyard and hadn't seen it until today.
After 7 years, we finally canoed the creek behind our house. We have been saying since the day we moved in that we wanted to. Then one baby came... then another... and we just never took the time. But, this week was the week! And, it was free!

Jimmy won this canoe in a fishing tournament and it's been at his partners house since then. He got it back last week and we decided to try it out.
I'll admit, I was skeered. You know my lack of affection for water wildlife, and creek wildlife ranks even lower in the lurve department than lake wildlife. But I put my big girl panties on and was determined to enjoy this with my two favorite fellas.
It was actually beautiful and so relaxing. We rarely had to paddle, we just drifted with the current like a lazy river. If I weren't on constant guard of snakes falling out of the trees into our boat or trying to offset Trace's lunges from one side of the canoe to the other to keep us from tipping over, I might have been lulled into a little nap. It was that peaceful!

A little lunch on the bank...
Jimmy's parents kept Keatyn at our house and then Jim drove down to were we took out and picked us up. After we got back, Trace went home to spend the night with them and was spoiled rotten, I'm sure!

Day 2 spendings = zero!!!

0 comments: