Saturday, April 7, 2012

The spring break $100 challenge- Day 4

So... for Thursday, the kids and I met Sylvia at the mall to visit the Easter Bunny. You may remember Keatyn's reaction to Santa wasn't overly joyful. The big bunny, not much better. I warmed her up a little....
Then put her on his knee...
And we got the pout...
They managed to get one decent shot, but there was certainly NO smiling. Bless her heart! Sylvia made her adorable outfit along with some other pillowcase dresses. I just loved it!! She is so talented and precious to me!

After pictures we loaded up and went to see her friend, Jean, at Alexian Village. She is absolutely the sweetest person and it makes her day to get visitors. Trace took her some cookies but I'm afraid ate half of them with her during our visit!
Since we were up on the mountain, we took the kids to the Pumpkin Patch. I love this playground!


Trace would have stayed on this zipline all day if I'd let him. He absolutely loved it. We will have to go back soon!

I got very brave and decided to tackle the slides with Keatyn. When I look at this picture, all I see are feet!!! Jimmy called me platypus foot.

My tally so far-
Remaining budget- $51.75
pictures with bunny- $23.00
lunch at McDonalds (Sisty bought... thank you!)
Pumpkin Patch- free

Total left- $28.75 Woo Hoo... I think I'm gonna make it!

1 comments:

Claire said...

What a great (smart) idea to set a budget. I bet if you hadn't you'd have ended up spending HUNDREDS!!! You are right, entertaining kids does add up and quick.

When it warms up, I bet your kids would love the water steps down at the Aquarium (free). =)

And I LOVE the picture of Keatyn grabbing Trace's arm with the Easter Bunny. It's like she's saying, "Help Me Brother!!!!"