Monday, May 21, 2012

Honor thy Mother (preferably NOT with a raging stomach virus)

After church we attempted to get some pictures for Mother's Day while we still had Jesus in our hearts and before our Sunday clothes came off.  ;)  You can tell... it was a battle. We had to take it on the steps in the foyer because that was the ONLY spot in the house that didn't look like a cyclone had hit it.   This last one, I had to enlarge because it just made me laugh.  If you look closely, Trace's eyes are crossed, Keatyn is pitching one and I'm more than likely saying to Jimmy through clenched teeth my smile... "Just hurry up and take it."  What you can't see is that I'm sitting on Trace's hand held video game because I had snatched it from him a dozen times already and I'm hiding Keatyn's paci behind my back.  

Ahhh... the true picture of motherhood.  But it's by far the greatest joy of my life!   




















 That afternoon Jimmy's parents came by so we could give Sisty her Mother's Day gifts before they headed back to Alabama to see Mimmie, who's been in the hospital.

Later that night we went to my mom's for our Sunday/Mother's Day dinner...

Sweet Abel is 3 months old and he's scrumptious!!!  Oh, those sweet cheeks!



All the moms...
Sadly, 48 hours after this picture was taken all of these amazing moms except me, ended up with a stomach virus.  Nothing says HaPpY MoThEr'S DaY like a puke bag and Imodium AD.  Turns out by Wednesday, 12 from this little gathering came down with some version of it.  Trace and Emily had it the week before and apparently it was VERY contagious!

Makes you want to grab the bleach, doesn't it?

Just want to tell the mom's in my life how very dear you are to me and how much I value and adore you all!!












0 comments: