Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Toes in the water...

I'm having trouble acclimating back into the blogging world.  Sometimes, it's easy and sometimes I just can't seem to form a coherent sentence much less find the time to type it.  Especially when it's about an entire weeks vacation.  Plus, we got home, I loaded ALL of my pictures and Blogger.com had completely changed their format, so I'm a little lost about how to move and edit pictures. (I'm no technology whiz, I'll admit) These are completely out of order of how our week actually happened, but does it really matter???

Yes, it does to me.  No

We got to Destin on Sunday night and got a few days with Jim and Sylvia before they had to leave on Tuesday.  (insert the picture of us all eating at Cheeseburger in Paradise, which is somewhere in this picture roll...)

On Tuesday afternoon, Keatyn woke up from her nap with a fever, so I took her to the good ole' Emerald Coast Urgent Care (which we've been to before when Trace was a baby)  and sure enough... ear infection.  If you're counting, that makes 4 since Christmas.  Double :(  We are well on our way to an ENT visit.

So Jimmy and I spent the next 2 days trading off taking Trace to the beach while the other kept her at the condo.  The wind was SO strong that week, and I didn't get her in it unless she had a hoodie on.  (Not exactly "beach wear")  By the end of the week, she was feeling better but I'm sad to say, with the winds and cooler nights, my little Sassy only spent about 3 hours in a bathing suit and never really got wet other than her feet.

We tried to do all of the typical Florida things like shopping, eating seafood, chasing ducks, playing on the golf course, riding in the golf cart, taking walks, riding bikes, playing on the beach, getting professional pics done on the beach (those will be here in a few weeks!), going to the Wharf and doing the zip line and trampoline, Jolee's Island, seeing the fish at Bass Pro, running Trace's boat in the pond and fishing.

Between the cold start and a sick little girl, it wasn't the best vacation we've ever had, but who can complain when they're at the beach.  It was still great!!

Dinner at Tommy Bahamas...



I had to get pictures of Keatyn in all the sweet dresses Sisty made for her!

Our one and only "family" beach day.

Retrieval... again!



Keatyn couldn't wait to get her hands on that frog! (Trace wouldn't touch it... ha!)


Peach juice in the hair :)


Getting ready for the zip line.  I can't believe he did it... 5 flights up!

New monogrammed beach towels... thank you Ingrams!!!






She adores her Daddy!
 I had 2 places on my leg removed and still had stitches so I have some pretty awkward tan lines! Lovely...
Dinner at the Back Porch...





0 comments: