Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another reason I don't hunt

As if I needed another reason, let this video be entered into evidence as to why I am not a hunter. Jimmy came home the other day and showed me this that he recorded on his phone.

Let me just paint you a mental picture... it is the break of daylight, in the middle of the abandoned freezing, scary woods, he is perched high in a treetop all alone and this is what he hears...

(Listen closely and about 40 seconds in, you will hear his whispered commentary... Oscar worthy, I tell ya!)



I've never wavered in 6 years of marriage that although I support his hobby, I have no intention of actually participating in it. If EVER, EVER I had second thoughts about that decision, this video quickly brought me back to my senses!

My list was long enough before (just to name a few)...
1. No one intentionally gets out of bed before 4 a.m. unless the house is on fire.
2. Although layering is the newest and latest trend in fashion, 14 layers of camoflauge and fleece are just not attractive... on anyone.
3. I didn't enjoy climbing trees as an adolescent, why would I enjoy it as an adult?
4. I typically only enjoy activities where the most rugged type of footwear needed are Nike Crosstrainers.
5. We already have plenty of wildlife hanging on various walls in our home, I prefer to add a more feminine touch to our decor.

I know people say coyotes are just large, not as cute "dog" type animals that are very misunderstood. I, however, don't care to ever come face to face with one in a dark, scary forest...even if I am carrying a gun, mussel loader, and/or bow.

Sorry honey, you're on your own... happy hunting!

0 comments: