Friday, November 27, 2009

Aren't we all thankful for silverware and cheerleaders?

We had Thanksgiving in 2 parts this year. Our family has grown so much (what a blessing) that it's gotten hard to coordinate going multiple places in one day, so my family decided to do ours on Sunday. As usual with 20+ people, there are always birthdays to be celebrated, so along with a 10 lb. ham, more sides than the Piccadilly and 3 Thanksgiving pies, we had birthday cake too!



Then on Thanksgiving Day, we went to Jimmy's parents to have dinner with them and his grandfather, Frank. We didn't make it to Alabama this year for the "big" Thanksgiving feast with his other side but can't wait to see them all for Christmas!!

I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to explain to Trace what it means to be thankful for something and why we celebrate Thanksgiving. He had heard it so much from me this week that after we said the blessing, he went around the table and asked everyone what they were thankful for.

Sisty, Granddaddy, and Great Frank, gave the staple (correct) answers of... "I am thankful for my family" Then he got to Jimmy. "Daddy, what you dankful for?" "Trace, I'm thankful for the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders"... nice.

Can you tell what game was on while we were eating dinner? ha!

I, then asked Trace what he was thankful for. He pondered for a minute and said... "my fork".

Wow, I'm glad to know all those "thankful" talks this week really sunk in with my 2 boys!

After dinner, Sylvia's neighbor was coming over to take a Thanksgiving picture of us. Moments before she got there, Trace pulls a There's Something about Mary hairdo, when he runs his fingers (coated with pecan pie) through his bangs.
Don't ask why he has his finger up his nose, I guess he was smelling the nougat. ha! We had to have another mini bath in the sink to get him picture ready!

Alas, the picture was made without too much drama. Although he's no where near smiling, he sat fairly still during the "photo shoot" involving 3 cameras and only one (very patient) photographer!

1 comments:

Andi said...

Yea!!! Looks like for some odd reason the blog roll decided to update. Who knows.
I must say you look absolutely beautiful in the fam pic w/Jimmy's side. Love the green on you!!
Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving....we really need to get together with Grammy's and Nana's too and let these kids play. I seriously believe that Addi can totally keep up with Trace - they seem to be 2 incredibly busy kids!