Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat

Halloween was so much fun this year! Last year we were all sick and had a sad, lonely Halloween at home, but this year, my cousin Carrie invited us up to trick or treat with her, Keith, Abram, Lucas and some family. Since we are neighborhoodless, we were very thankful. ha!

Trace was a fireman, thanks to Aunt Penny and Aunt Lynda who got him the outfit for his 2nd birthday. Abram was Ben Tin, and baby Lucas was the most adorable caterpillar I've ever seen!

I wasn't sure how it was going to go, since Trace had never trick or treated before and that his goal in life is to run away from us :) He was so excited he couldn't even take a nap that afternoon, which only added to my fear!

A 2-year-old, hyped up on sugar, trick or treating on the open roads for the first time, without a nap... now that's scary! But it was great, and we all had a blast.Jimmy and Lucas
Lucas and his "Unc"
Waiting patiently for our turn...

Sweet boys...


This picture pretty much describes what Abram and Trace looked like all night...look closely and you'll see the two little blurs. ha!
Carrie and I laughed that for what is supposed to be a "fun, child-friendly" holiday, there sure are a lot of rules. "Don't walk in the grass, only ring the doorbell once, don't go into their house (Trace heard that one A LOT), don't grab the candy...let them give it to you, don't ask for more, remember to say thank-you, stay on the sidewalk, don't run in the street!"

Whew... the adults were exhausted by the end of the evening, but we can't wait to do it again next year. I think a family tradition was born!
___________________________________________________________________

I have this picture on my fridge...
It's of Trace's first Halloween. Keith is holding him, and my Aunt Gail and Carrie are making goo-goo faces at him. What is so funny is that Abram is dressed up like Pablo from the Backyardigans. I had NO idea who he was or what in the world a Backyardigans was (still not real sure). But I remember Carrie telling me that night... "Oh, just wait, you will!"

Two years later, Pablo and I are real tight, I've memorized nearly every song he sings, and he has taken over my DVR... funny how things change!

1 comments:

Claire said...

Looks like a fun night. Cute fireman!