Friday, January 14, 2011

Details from the Doc III

Just wanted to update you on the happenings around here! Went to the doctor today for my 36 week appointment and things look good with our little princess. They did another ultrasound to measure my amniotic fluid level (it was in the lower range last week) and it had come up some from 6.9 to 8. If it ever got below 5, they would take her for fear of the cord getting wrapped. So... that was good news!

Dr. Adams checked me last week and said nothing was happening and I wouldn't need to be checked today, but for some reason when I woke up this morning I just felt like she should. Call it "Mother's Intuition" but I just felt like things were happening... ya know? This was also the week that I was first checked with Trace and was already dialated to 3 centimeters. After she checked me (OUCH!) and sat me up, she said "Well, guess." I knew that wasn't good. I am dialated 3 1/2 centimeters and 70% effaced. But she has not started dropping yet so hopefully she will stay put for another couple of weeks, but it looks like I'm gonna have a January baby instead of a February one. We will see! I go back next Wednesday.

In other news... my darling husband informed me the other night that he was no longer sure of the name Keatyn. This is while I was sitting on the bed folding and hanging all of her clothes, blankets, and lovies (some of which were monogrammed and/or initialed). I informed him (kindly) that it was in fact him that had made the final decision to name her that and that we had several things with her name already on it. BUT... I know that is no basis for naming your child something you will call her for the rest of your life. So, it's back to Girby for now! We will probably not make anything "official" until after we see her and know for sure. I truly apologize to anyone who has gone to the trouble and expense of monogramming something... you know who you are, and I love you for it!

Please keep us in your prayers. That she stays safe and healthy and continues to grow a little longer before she makes her appearance. And please pray that Jimmy and I can come to an agreement (and stick with it) on a name!

Hope everyone is well and have been enjoying these past few snow days! Don't know about you all... but I'm ready for Spring!!

1 comments:

Kellie and Chuck said...

Glad I read the part about Girby's name!!! :-)