Sunday, January 16, 2011

Showered with Love

Wow...

That's about all I can say about last weekend.

I feel so incredibly blessed by the family and friends in my life, those that have always been there to support and love me and who continue to be such a source of strength to me and my growing family.

When I found out I was pregnant again, people immediately began offering to give me showers. I felt so guilty because people were SO generous at showers for Trace and I felt like I was double dipping. Everyone insisted that if the second baby is a different gender, than another shower is most certainly in order... so the plans began.

My mom's best friends (the Golden Girls) gave me a shower at my wonderful mother-in-law's house on Saturday. These ladies are like second moms to me. Seriously, Jane, in the green, stopped by on her way to church to give me my first suppository when I was just weeks old. Bonnie, in the purple, worked with my mom at the March of Dimes when she was pregnant with me, and everyday, she put on and tied my mom's shoes and put in her wiglet (that was a 70's thing) when she was too big to do it herself. And my Aunt Gail is my dad's sister, and I'm pretty sure gave me my first haircut (and many to come after that) and fed me more times than she can count.

I'm not exaggerating when I say they have literally been there since the beginning... and I love them dearly!
Does a Granny Smith Apple come to mind when you look at me in this picture? ha! I was really asking a lot of that (non-maternity) sweater... it is stretched beyond recognition.

I couldn't get over that cake! It was BEAUTIFUL!!

Opening gifts with the help of my adorable assistant Addison...

I have NO idea why I was making that face...

The valets... we tipped them well!

I hate that I never got a picture with my mom, Nanny, and Sylvia. I know from experience that when something is going on at your house, you never stop, sit down or really get to visit. I can't thank Sylvia enough for opening her home up for my shower!

*******************************************************************
The next day, my girlfriends from college gave me another shower at Leslie's house. These girls mean the world to me!

Iris, Leslie, me, Jill, and Misty...


I LOVE this bag Leslie got me. If you look closely, it's got the name Keatyn on it... which may or may not be her actual name. Sigh...






Girby's closet is now FULLY loaded (seriously, I can't believe how many clothes a child that isn't even here yet has) and she is well stocked with all kinds of baby supplies, bibs, blankets, and equipment. She is truly blessed to have such amazing people in her life that love her already! Thank you all so much :)

0 comments: