Thursday, January 6, 2011

Details from the Doc II

I can't believe I had my 35 week checkup today. This pregnancy seems to have flown by. I just wanted to write down a few details from my appointment today since this is the only place I seem to actually record anything.

It is so true what they say...

Your first baby gets the belly book, every minuet detail recorded and every ultrasound picture labeled. The nursery is finished way before time, every stitch of clothing is washed and hung in the closet before they even think about making an appearance and you spent hours online choosing and coordinating the perfect stroller, swing, pack-n-play and exersaucers, reading every and all comments before registering.

Sadly, baby #2 has no baby book (just a blog that bears her brother's name), not one article of clothing has been washed (including the outfit she will wear home from the hospital), the nursery is far from finished and her "equipment" is a complete mish mosh of big brother's hand-me-downs, consignments sales, and borrowed items. I did draw the line on reusing Trace's old carseat and stroller. I just don't want to be pushing my baby girl down the mall in a brown and blue stroller... she needs something pink and pretty (especially for shopping) ha!

So... back to my doctors appointment. Dr. Adams said last time she was going to "check" me at 35 weeks because I started dialating so early last time. But luckily, nothing is happening yet and she said I don't need to be checked again until 37 weeks. Sisty and Nana came with Jimmy and I today because they did an ultrasound and they wanted to see our sweet girl.

Unfortunately, the ultrasound tech explained that this late in the pregnancy, she is so big and squished in there, the pictures would not be great.

She was right. It was very hard to decipher what was what but she explained where everything was and all the little bumps and kicks I am feeling. Her head is down and her bottom is right against my belly button. Perfect position!

She weighs about 6 pounds now, her heart rate was 157 and she has very long legs. My amniotic fluid should be between 5 and 22 and mine was 6.9. Since that's on the low side of "normal" they are going to do another ultrasound next week to continue checking my levels.

I go back every week now and am in the home stretch. A little scary... but SO exciting!

Her name has officially become Keatyn Lynn Cofer.

Jimmy and I narrowed it down to a few and he made the final call sitting in the Walgreens parking lot early New Year's Eve... memorable moment I know! ha!

My friend Leslie called about the shower she is giving me on Sunday and casually asked about the name and I said my staple answer of "Not yet, we're still working on it." When he broke in and made the call. I'm so glad to finally have a name, now we can move ahead with the nursery and all the monogramming!

We may be meeting our little princess soon... WOW, so much to do first!

1 comments:

Kellie and Chuck said...

So excited for you all! I love her name!!!! I am glad you are doing well and can't wait to meet Miss Keatyn!!!