Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trace's 4th Birthday Bash

I keep thinking I'm sooo behind... I STILL don't have Trace's birthday party pictures up. Then I remember, it's still 2 weeks before he actually turns 4, which means for once, I'm AHEAD of schedule! We celebrated his birthday on January 15th since Girby's impending arrival is unknown and I wanted be sure I was in attendance. ha!

I decided early on, that I was very willing to pay for the no hassle, no fuss birthday party. Given that I am 9 months pregnant, I felt like if there was ever a time to splurge and let someone else, host, cook, set up, and clean... the time was now.

Let me just say, it was worth every penny we paid to Pump-it-up. They met us at the car, unloaded everything in the ice and snow, wheeled it inside, set up the entire room, served the cake, juice and chips, handed the gifts to Trace, wrote down everything he got, folded and packed all the bags and presents, cleaned up the room, wheeled the gifts and leftover cake back out to the car and loaded it all up, then brought me the check to sign without me having to lift a finger!

I was impressed, to say the least.

The kids had a blast and the adults got to visit and play as well. (Laura and Sara even collapsed the bouncy house they were having so much fun!)

Trace's buddies Daniel and Cindy from school...
Papaw trying to wrangle a birthday hug... good luck!
Great Frank came to watch the kids play!



Jimmy's cousins came from Alabama, SO sweet!


Uncle Andy took a turn bouncing too...


Giving me a present report. "Mommy, I got Victor, and Bash, and Spencer and Buzz and..."


He started out wanting another train cake. But the one he wanted was Diesel and it's solid black... gross! So I tried to persuade maybe a Buzz Lightyear instead, which he totally went for until we got into Publix and spent 20 minutes looking through the cake book. When he saw the "destruction" cake as he called it, it was all over. The dump truck, cement mixer, and front loader were about more than he could stand! I was just glad he actually left them on there long enough to get a picture and blow out the candles.




After the party, we went with Jimmy's family to CiCi's pizza to visit and eat dinner. We so rarely get to see them and didn't get to spend Christmas with them this year because of the snow so it was really good to catch up. I LOVE these kiddos!
It was a wonderful day and a great celebration... even if it was 3 weeks early. I guess if I'm not in labor or in the hospital on his actual birthday, we'll have to celebrate again!

Happy Birthday buddy... I love you SO much!

0 comments: