Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meet the Family

All of these pictures loaded backwards. And since I've adopted the old typing technique of "hunt and peck" due to the fact that I'm simultaneously nursing a newborn while I type this (sorry for the mental image I'm sure none of you wanted), the cut/paste step is just too complicated to do with one hand.

So... these pictures are in opposite chronological order of how they actually happened, but I'm sure you don't care.

After weeks of hibernation, Keatyn is finally meeting her family! Between sickness and scheduling conflicts, everyone is just now meeting my sweet girl. In the last 2 weeks she has met all of her aunts and uncles, several of her cousins, her great Frank, her Mimmie, and Flo. This is Flo...
my cousin's new shitzu. She is yummy! It's a wonder this precious pup survived these two.

We had the first official Sunday dinner back at my Nanny's (other than when we were re-doing her house last Spring) since my Papaw died 16 years ago. We were celebrating all of the February and March birthdays. I think it did Nanny good to have us all back there doing this in her yard...
I have SO many memories of growing up playing ball in the backyard. Papaw even had a real home plate put in the ground. He used to sit for hours on a stool and pitch baseballs to me, Andy, and my cousins. I can't tell you how many times we've climbed over that fence fishing balls out of the neighbors yard. It was very special to see the next generation continuing the tradition that was started by my mom, aunt and uncle so many years ago. I know Papaw would be proud!
I would love to tell you that he knocked that ball over the fence. But I have no idea.

Gettin a little Vitamin D with Daddy. She has stolen his heart and it is so precious!



Aunt Gail and Royce came over the other night and had my cousin Casey's baby, Cole. He just turned one and he is adorable!


On Saturday, we went and smuggled Great Frank out of the old folks home for a little playground and milkshake action. This picture was hilarious. Trace was behind him walking through Burger King to get to the playground, and well, you can imagine how fast a 92-year-old on a walker moves compared to a lively 4-year-old with a playground in sight. He couldn't get around him. Jimmy was behind Trace yelling, "Shoot the gap, son, shoot the gap."

He went for it...
I'm pleased to report no hips were broken or walkers overturned during the making of his breakaway.

Two weeks ago, Mimmie, and Jimmy's aunts Sheila and Sandi came for a visit. Mimmie couldn't wait to get her hands on her 7th great grandbaby...
or her 4th.


I hate that I don't have one single picture of Sheila, but it would have been a picture of her taking a picture. I don't think she ever put her camera down!

Keatyn still has many more to meet. We just keep going, and going, and going...

0 comments: