Thursday, March 31, 2011

The pizza delivering dentist

Trace's preschool had Community Helpers week last month. They turned every room into a different community hotspot like a post office, doctor's office, dentist office, grocery store, barber/beauty shop etc...

The day he spent at the barber/beauty shop nearly sent Jimmy and my brother into heart failure when Trace came home with painted fingernails. They were at least painted orange, as they tried to go with the daddy's favorite team colors for the boys.

Sidenote: When his teacher asked him what sports his daddy watched on T.V. Trace replied, "the cheerleaders." ha! Upon further inquiry by Ms. Jennifer his next response was, he likes to watch the girls play. I quickly informed her (between chuckles) that my parents had just taken him to watch the UTC Women's basketball team play and they sat right in front of the cheerleaders.

Apparently, they left quite an impression!

Anyway, at the conclusion of the week, Ms. Summer sent home this paper...

Awww, I think Granddaddy got a little misty...

until we went to pick up a Domino's pizza later on that week and upon seeing the lit up domino sign donning the top of a delivery car, he then announced he would rather be a pizza delivery man.

I tried to find solace in all the money we'd save paying for college and dental school, but it was shortlived.

Nevertheless, all the "what am I gonna be when I grow up" talk reminded me that I needed to schedule his first cleaning with Michelle...

Granddaddy even came out of retirement for the day to do the honors!
My mom just happened to be there getting a crown, so it was truly a family affair.
No cavities, woo hoo!!
All twenty... clean as a whistle and bubble gum flavored.

He celebrated with a sugar free tooth shaped sucker.
Between the sucker, 3 stickers, a light up toothbrush and the treasure chest toy, Trace is thinking the dentist is a pretty cool place.

Then yesterday, in my mom's attic he found the scrub set my dad wore when my brother was born and paraded around her house in it for awhile.

Humm, we're back on track.
Maybe I'll see

James F.Cofer III D.D.S.

on a sign one day after all. Perhaps with a lit up domino on it. But that's OK.





1 comments:

Jane said...

How do you do it Heidi? when reading every one of your blogs, I always say, this one is the best...so you've done it again....I LOVE this one....Dr. Trace, how cute and after all, a little pocket money delivering pizzas never hurts!!!!