Friday, March 4, 2011

One Month

Well, my little diva is one month old today. It's hard to believe.

She is such a joy and the good news is her big brother still thinks so too! He asks to hold her a dozen times a day, always coming to me holding both hands up in the air like McDreamy when he's getting "gowned up" for surgery on Grey's Anatomy. Except I hear, "Mommy, smell em'... I washed all the germs off. Can I hold Girby now?"

I had avoided having to take her into Trace's germ ridden preschool until one day late last week. I covered her with a blanket in her car seat but once we hit the door, Trace ripped that blanket right off and ran to get all of his friends to come meet his baby sister. He then shot out of his room, ran down the hall and drug the other teachers down to see her.

He was very proud, and it made my heart smile!
She is loving her baths. Thank you Bonnie for the bath bib. (I've forgotten the real name) It's like a bib you submerge in the warm water and it fits over their shoulders and belly perfectly to keep them warm. So simple, so smart... why didn't I think of that?
Is it a smile... or just gas?
After the bath, all wrapped up in big brothers bathrobe and rattle socks.
I pulled into Women's East yesterday for my follow-up appointment and looked up at the window to my room. I couldn't help but think about who was lying there in that very same room right then, probably in excruciating pain, begging, hoping, praying for 10... come on 10!!! Only to be followed by the indescribable, pure joy when her baby is placed on her chest for the first time.

It's amazing to think all of that is going on just inside that building as we go about our day, getting sweet tea from Chick-fil-A, searching for a parking space in the crowded hospital lot, riding the elevator up to the doctors office, when right through those double doors, someone's life is just beginning and someone's heart is changing forever.

*** Some of you may be wondering why I went back for my follow-up at 4 weeks instead of the typical 6. My doctor told me after my delivery that there have been some women come back for their post baby checkup after 6 weeks already pregnant again...yes, you heard me right... pregnant AGAIN!

Seriously???

I assured her that would NOT be the case with this ole' girl, but 4 weeks is apparently the new norm.
Peace out.

2 comments:

Awhite said...

Heidi, she is soooo pretty! Love all your pictures! I am amazed at how much Trace has grown. Such a handsome boy! Thanks for sharing. April :)

Trinity said...

She is just precious. I need to see her again soon. I am kinda stuck on the "preggo at 6 week check up" thing. Seriously?? Who is really thinking about that??? wow....