Saturday, February 18, 2012

The morning after...

I found these pictures on my camera of "the morning after" the dual birthday parties. This was the morning I woke up feeling as though I had swallowed shards of glass. As I stumbled to my coffee maker in desperate need of warm liquid to soothe my sore throat, I turned to look into the living room and saw this...

Oh joy.

Now, while there was no alcohol involved in the partying the day before (which is what usually comes to mind when you hear the phrase "the morning after") I somehow managed to erase this extreme mess from my memory until it greeted me again at dawn. And that was just Trace's presents, Keatyn's were still wrapped neatly and waiting to be opened on the hearth.

(I'll admit, the floor looked like that for about 3 days until I had it in me to clean it up.)

My coffee and I went upstairs to get little bit and discovered her big brother had gotten to her first...
After all... she was a birthday girl too!

So we dove in, opened ALL the presents and it felt like Christmas morning all over again.
(BTW, she loves her butterfly wings GiGi)
On Trace's actual birthday, Jimmy insisted he have something to "open" so he ran to Academy and brought home a BB gun. I thought 5 was a little young, but there was no convincing daddy of that.
He's officially a big boy now!

0 comments: