Saturday, February 4, 2012

Birthday Mania... Part 1

It's 9:38 p.m. as I start this post. I'm beyond exhausted but wanted to at least get some of this done so the time stamp would show Keatyn's actual birthday. She turned 1 today, and to say it has been "a day" is a major understatement... but such a day of blessings.

I won't get far with this tonight, maybe a few words and a few pictures, because hosting not one, but TWO back-to-back birthday parties plus a basketball game in one afternoon feels about like the equivalent of going those 9 centimeters on Pitocin, without an epidural, as I did exactly one year ago today.

But again... TOTALLY worth it.

OK, I literally can not hold my eyelids open a minute longer (much less make coherent sentences) so for now... goodnight.

But to the little angel sleeping soundly in the next room...

You are pure sunshine to me. I absolutely adore you. Your mama loves you more than you'll ever know (until your sunshine is born, that is.) Happy Birthday precious girl!

To be continued...

********************************************************************
Good morning. Well, I awoke from our big day with a sore throat, so while my people have gone to Sisty and Granddaddy's to have breakfast with everyone who came from Alabama, I'm at home in bed.

Anywhooo, back to yesterday. We celebrated Keatyn and Trace's birthday. He doesn't actually turn 5 until Tuesday, but we decided to do both parties on the same day so we knocked it out at one time. Jimmy's family we so sweet to come from Alabama and my cousin Casey and her family came from Atlanta, so to do it all at one time, just made sense. We had his basketball game at 1, our whole family (30+) over to the house at 3, and then went to Chuck E. Cheese's at 5 (that'll be part 2.)


Pre-game and pre-party pictures...
My mom's BFF, Jane, bought Keatyn this ADORABLE shirt from one of her many facebook fetish baby clothes auctions. Her granddaughter is the best dressed girl around! I love this shirt and will keep it forever. Thank you so much Jane!

No, no there's no crying on your birthday!!

Trace attempted to "help" and ended up taking a chunk out of the cake. Gotta love that boy!
This may be my favorite picture of the day.
A pretty party dress, a bottle, and your daddy... what more does a girl need?



Bless Sara's heart for being here, AND she braved Chuck E. Cheese on a rainy Saturday night. I questioned whether Abel would make an "in person" appearance at these parties.
Smash cake...
What exactly is this?
Humm, not bad...
Are they really just gonna stand there and let me eat this?
Maybe I'll share.


Yes, that is her THIRD outfit of the day (she had to have a little evening attire for her big night out at CEC.) Her Sisty bought her this for Christmas and made the headband to match. So precious!
I have this exact same picture of Keith (making this same face) and Trace at this age. He's the baby whisperer.
She got a little play time with her cousin Mallory before we had to rush off to the next party.
Jimmy, the kids and I actually left our house full of people, with the instructions to clean up (I'm kidding, although they did!!) lock up and meet us at Chuck E. Cheese for Trace's party.

It felt kinda weird leaving our own party, but we had to be there 15 minutes early to begin round two. (Are you tired yet???)

Stay tuned...

0 comments: