Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Catching Up

It occured to me while looking through my most recent posts, that although my blog is titled "Trace's Place", he hasn't been mentioned or shown in any recent pictures... what a horrible mommy! Since I am using this as a make shift baby book (of course he has one, but I'm not very good about writing in it anymore) and one day I will hopefully copy and print all of this to remember his early years, I need to do better! So I am catching up...

I have to start by saying, we went to Sportsman's Warehouse tonight (every hunter/fishermans dream), it's like a boy's Target... everything you could want in one place (I know Lu and Kadi can appreciate that).

On our way in, I had to use the little girls room and of course, trying to be the good, supportive wife, told Jimmy to go ahead and start looking (since they closed in 10 minutes) and I would take Trace with me... oh joy! Every mother knows the thrills of trying to use a public bathroom while simultaneously keeping their toddler from climbing under the stalls (on the nasty floor), opening the door and exposing you to the rest of the world, unrolling ALL of the toilet paper, and finally... keeping them from touching the disgusting, germ infested toilet! Trace's new favorite thing to do is flush the comode and say "bye-bye tee tee" as he watches it go down the drain. So you can imagine how relieved I was to finally get to the hand washing part of this journey. Although Trace technically didn't use the restroom, I felt a good hand washing was in order.

After we washed, I went to get towels from the automatic dispenser... oh boy, it's amazing the everyday things you discover through the eyes of a 2 year old. As I tore the allotted paper towel, dried my hands and threw it away, another section "automatically" dispensed, much to Trace's amazement. He proceeded to tear, walk, and toss the paper towels into the garbage can continuously... at least 6 times, only to find another one waiting for him. I honestly believe he would have done that until closing time had I not began to feel guilty that we were abusing the environment and massacring countless amounts of trees all in the attempt to "entertain" my child while Jimmy shopped. I like to think it was a little lesson in conservation and how to help keep our public restrooms clean.


I went to check on my sleeping beauty last night and found him like this in his crib. He, for some reason, has begun sleeping sideways and loves to prop his feet up on the rails while going to sleep. Apparently, he fell asleep quicker than expected and his little legs fell right through. There's nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby.

Well, Jimmy's late Christmas present finally arrived from Cabela's and he couldn't wait to try it on. My mom got him this for Christmas to hunt and fish in. Apparently, while hunting you must wear blaze orange to keep from getting accidentally shot, however, the deer are color blind so they can't see it. He keeps threatening to wear it out somewhere, especially after he saw Daddy Bush wearing one very similar at Obama's inauguration the other day. I felt that, since his was brown not blaze orange, he is over 80, and as a former president of the free world, he could pull it off.

Back off ladies... he's mine!
Demonstrating the many ways it can be worn...

I will say... it was certainly the warmest hat I've ever worn!
I LOVE these pictures!!! There is nothing sweeter than seeing the man you love snuggling with your baby! It melts my heart to know how much Trace loves his daddy, and the feeling is mutual! They are the best of buddies and it makes me so excited for the future to know all of the things they will do together! Here they are watching... Barney, of course!

I went to order Trace's birthday cake today and asked Kimmee if she does Barney. She looked at me and said, "Wow, I haven't had a request for that one in years, surely I have a picture of him somewhere!" Apparently, the big purple dinosaur is out of style... for everyone, except my son. Oh well, Barney's what he wants, Barney's what he'll get! He's got the rest of his life to worry about what's cool and what's not!

0 comments: