Friday, January 16, 2009

Woo-hoo... cold day!

I just wanted to give a shout out for a no school, cold day to all of my school teacher friends... woo-hoo!! Even though I'm not teaching anymore, I still find myself glued to the TV set to see if Hamilton County is out! I guess old habits die hard.

Last night, while Jimmy and I were watching Grey's Anatomy, it came scrolling across the screen... I immediately sat up and held my breath, just like a kid. I swear, I think that's how I learned to alphabetize things, watching for Catoosa, Dade, Franklin, Grundy and cccooommmeee ooonnnn...Hamilton County! It always seemed like Hamilton County was the last to fall, but lately they have been going with the flow and calling it off more... must be,the what, 13 snow days built in to the school year that we will NEVER use! I used to laugh and say I was moving to Polk, Marion, or Grundy county to teach because they were ALWAYS out... pipes burst, electricity out, too cold, snow, flood, you name it...
Everyone enjoy your day off... actually your 4 days off, you deserve it!

0 comments: