Sunday, January 4, 2009

Magneatos... neato!



One of the gifts Trace got for Christmas this year was a magneatos set. Lynda and Penny (my friends from school) always get him the coolest toys, that he always loves. I had to put this on my blog in case anyone was looking for a great gift for a child...or a child-like adult! They come in all different sets, this is the **JUMBO set of 148 and it is so fun! I know the inner teacher in them were secretly laughing. I have spent a lot of time in their perfectly neat, orderly classrooms where something like this, with a million pieces, would drive them CRAZY (especially Penny). But yet they LOVE passing these gifts on to me! Payback ladies... payback!

**Yes... moms that is a LOT of pieces I know, but it comes in this very organized, sturdy box, where miraculously all of the pieces fit back into! I had a minor meltdown over that too!

When I saw Trace and Jimmy's name on the tag, I knew it wasn't just for tots... boy, was I right. Jimmy is more from the tinker toy/lincoln log era (if you don't know what those are, you are to young to be reading my blog!) but this was right up his alley. All of the construction pieces are magnetic so you can build all kinds of things. We all sat down the other night to do a little "family" project.

You can imagine about the time we actually got something going, little bit came along and tried to "help" , in his own special way! I had to remind daddy that it is technically Trace's toy and he had to share, even if that meant allowing him to knock over every creation you make, just seconds before you get the last piece on!
Long after Trace was over it and had moved on, Jimmy and I were still sitting in the floor working vigorously to construct this... rocketship, I guess. It literally took both of us 30 minutes just to duplicate the picture on the box (how sad) but LOOK, we did it!!! Meanwhile, Trace was busy playing with Barney, Mr. Potato Head, Elmo Live and every other toy he could drag out. The attention span of a 23 month old is well, ... about 23 seconds. Nothing lasts long with him yet, but I know one day he will construct a skyscraper out of it :) We had so much fun guys... awesome gift, thank you!

0 comments: