Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas (the short version)

Christmas... the short version, in a nutshell was wonderful and wild (as to be expected). On Christmas Eve, we took Trace to the doc and found out he had an ear infection and tonsilitis so that meant skipping our plans to go to Alabama to see all of Jimmy's extended family. This was heartbreaking to me because I LOVE going there. Imagine... 25 + people, 4 generations spanning in age from 4 months to 94 years all spending the night under one roof! It is literally like a Christmas out of the movies and I have come to look forward to it every year. However, we weren't going to take the chance of exposing anyone to tonsilitis so we didn't go this year and missed everyone terribly.


I must say, I am terribly disappointed in my photo taking skills this Christmas, I don't know what was wrong with me but I have no pictures of Trace with either sets of grandparents, with Jimmy and I or in front of the tree... horrible!!

Here are some of the pictures I took throughout the week. This first one is of Trace (once he had plenty of Amoxicillan in him) and his cousins trying to kiss the "baby" that is in my cousins belly! You can imagine the task of trying to gather 3 toddlers and then expecting them to all simulatiously plant one on poor Carrie's belly... needless to say, this was as close as we got.My dad and Carrie relaxing on the couch just 3 days before the birth!

Trace had had enough of all the hoop-la and was ready to go outside on Christmas morning. If you notice, he's in his footed pajamas with his shoes on (very stylish)!
He got an Elmo Live and was mesmerized by him, he decided to take Ole Elmo on a little ride in his fire truck and show him around the house. Elmo looks like he's hangin on for dear life!
Uncle Andy and Trace on Christmas Eve just relaxing and watching Barney.


Giving Aunt Kadi (my brother's fiancee) a big hug... precious!
It's hard to tell who is having more fun here. Uncle Andy sure did love that Plasma Car!
Having a child around at Christmas again really does make it more fun. Jimmy was playing with one of Trace's new trucks the other night and was setting up ramps using our rugs so the car would "catch air". He really lost control for a minute and sent the car sailing down our staircase. Trace turned to me with this horrified face and said "no-no". I told him, "That's right, daddy did a no-no," I had to scold my 38 year old husband in front of my 2 year old... boy, I have my work cut out for me!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and enjoyed their time with family and friends as much as I did. I am so amazingly blessed! Happy New Year!

0 comments: