Monday, December 8, 2008

B&B... Bed & Breakfast and Backyardigans & Barney

For our anniversary, I surprised Jimmy with a nights stay at the Bed and Breakfast here in town, the Stone Fort Inn. It came highly recommended by our friends, Leslie and Sean (thanks guys) so since it was our 5th, I thought we'd splurge. He thought we were just going to Tony's Pasta and to see Four Christmases at the Bijou... sneaky, sneaky!!

I arranged for Trace and Ginger to stay at my mom and dads (more on that in a minute), packed a bag, hid it in the car (complete with chocolate chip slice and bakes and DMD code reds... his favorites) and away we went!

After dinner on the way to the "movies" I told him where we were really going. I don't know if he was more surprised by the gesture or the fact that I actually pulled it off. I'm not known for my poker face! The room was gorgeous, decorated in a Victorian style with antique furniture, a fireplace, and a hot tub out on our balcony. We watched our wedding video (our anniversary tradition... one I'm sure Jimmy loves :) in front of the fire! An even bigger surprise was that Jimmy's mom had called before we got there and paid for our room as an anniversary gift! WOW... I truly have the sweetest in-laws anyone could ask for. I know, some of my girlfriends are cussing me right now... sorry!

Aside from the 15-20 minutes of searching ESPN, ABC, NBC etc for highlights of the football games and final scores (especially the Alabama/Florida game) and the few calls from his buddies to see how he finished in his fishing tournament that day (he came in 4th... good job), it was a very romantic evening. You know, boys will be boys! Here are some pictures from the B&B and of our BEAUTIFUL room!



So... as I said before, Trace stayed with Nana and Papaw while we were gone. I felt really bad b/c he had come down with a cold the day before, but mom and dad assured us he was in good hands and they would love every minute of it. As it turns out, every minute was spent watching Barney and the Backyardigans! For those of you that don't know, Barney is the singing purple dinosaur and the Backyardigans are 5 little... well, I'm not really sure what they are, but they are very entertaining little boogers.

He really didn't feel good and was perfectly content to sit in either's lap in the recliner and watch his shows over and over and over and over. THANK GOD for DVR's!! Bless my parents, they literally watched B&B from 5:00 Saturday until 1:00 Sunday afternoon, with the exception of course of Trace's long winter nap that lasted from only 9:30 pm to 4:30 am! SO, SO, SO, SORRY again Nana and Papaw! He normally is a great sleeper, but between his snotty nose and cough, it just wasn't happening.

He was sitting in Papaws lap covered with a blanket in front of the TV when I left and was in the EXACT same position when I picked him up 20 hours later! I know mom and dad could quote every line from the 3 shows they have taped on their DVR... again I'm so sorry! They claimed (as any good grandparent would) that they LOVED it because he was so sweet and cuddly but honestly... how much B&B can one person take! Once we got home, about the 4th hour, I sent Jimmy to his parents to get Barney's Christmas DVD because I honestly couldn't watch the firefighter episode one more time!! Anyway, Trace is feeling better thanks to Mentholatum chest rub, a hot vaporizer, Children's Motrin, and hours and hours of relaxing B&B! God Bless 'em!



0 comments: