Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby luncheon for Carrie

My cousin Carrie is about to have her second baby boy in January. We had a little luncheon for her to celebrate. It was at the Gallery Cafe last Saturday and it was to "shower" her with a few little things she will need for baby #2! Here is everyone... my mom, my cousin Casey, Aunt Carol, Aunt Gail, her mother in law Shirley, Carrie and me.The proud grandmas!!
Here is a card from Drew, Casey's daughter. She is only 2. Look closely, she personalized it... so precious! I know Drew can't wait to meet her new cousin!
One of our gifts to the new baby is a hand-me-down from Trace. It was a sweatshirt that says, "I'd rather be hanging with Papaw" given to Trace by my dad. He got it in Gatlinburg this summer but Trace has already outgrown it so we are passing it down. I don't know what I would do without the hand-me-downs I got. I mean, baby clothes are so expensive and lets face it, they can only wear them for a season or two. Not to mention the spit-up, poop, tee-tee, spilt food, etc... so why not wash em and pass em on down!


This baby also has a wonderful Papaw so we thought he could use it. But before we gave it away, we had to get a picture of Trace wearing it with his Papaw. Don't ask why Trace is wearing a gangster looking Michigan tobaggan inside the house. Let's just say he had just gotten a haircut and it didn't go very well. Hopefully by Christmas, it will be grown out enough to actually be able to take his picture without a hat on!

1 comments:

Amanda O'Rear said...

Look at Carrie and that belly. She is adorable! Never gains a pound...just a basketball for a belly! I loved seeing the pictures. Your little boy is so very cute too...Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!