Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful! Thankful!

I realize I'm a little late for Thanksgiving wishes but better late than never. We celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving this year with family and friends. First, we started at Jimmy's mom and dad's for an amazing lunch. Sisty (Jimmy's mom) is a great cook! We invited our new next door neighbor to eat with us because he just moved here from Louisiana and doesn't know anyone. It made us feel good to know he wasn't sitting at home alone on Thanksgiving with his family so far away. I can't imagine not being with my family for the holidays so we thought we would use the chance to give Trace a "what would Jesus do?" moment... not that he understands any of that, but you get my point. After lunch, we all came home and took naps (isn't that part of the Thanksgiving tradition??)



That night we went to my aunt's house and had dinner with my family. It was another enormous meal and I actually brought home
4 to-go-plates!! That is a record for me!! If you know my brother, he has the keen ability to "clean up" the left overs before everyone else is even finished with their meal. Well, this year he had some competition! There was honestly more food than I think we have ever had, reminding me again how truly blessed we are and how much I take for granted.


This picture is one of my favorites! Trace crawled into my Nanny's lap and sweet talked her into getting a piece of chocolate cake! Oh... she was such a sucker. She is laughing so hard, she had tears in her eyes... and cake all over her blouse by the time Trace was through eating! He then persuaded Nana (my mom) into eating another piece about 30 minutes later. Since they were in seperate rooms, Nana didn't know he had already had a HUGE piece with Nanny. I am quickly beginning to see the "divide and conquer" strategy I have read about in my SuperNanny book. The boy knows how to work it... I'll give him that! Gosh, I love that little turkey!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving with the people you love most in the world... I sure did!

0 comments: