Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Boat Parade of Lights

Saturday night we went to the marina where my dad keeps his boat to watch the boat parade of lights. It was down on the dock and the boats literally came right in front of you all lit up with various decorations. Trace loved seeing the "BBIIIGGG BOATS". He has learned to emphasis certain words for effect and it is quite amusing!


Here is a picture I took of one of the boats, but, again, my knowledge of technology is so limited I couldn't even figure out how to use the "night" vision setting on my camera. It is really sad (and a little scary) just how inadequate I am with these types of things.


Anyway, the boat was beautiful... doesn't the picture just say it all! LOL This boat had so many different lights and gadgets going at once, it truly amazed me that all of that ran off of a generator while it was floating down the river. I can't even get my puny, pitiful lights wrapped around my front porch railing to stay on without burning out a strand. We have also replaced our wreath on the window of our dormer at least 3 times. It is currently laying on the top of the roof just waiting to be retrieved yet again! So, you can imagine my wander and admiration for the captain of this boat who was able to pull this off! The dock is about 5 feet wide and has no railings, so we honestly could not put Trace down for one minute. Imagine, a VERY active toddler walking along a narrow dock surrounded by water in the dark... needless to say, we didn't stay long, but it was a lot of fun!

0 comments: