Sunday, March 15, 2009

Closet Cleanout CHAOS

Well, it all started with the Family and Friends Event... 4-days only, 30% off entire purchase (even sales and clearance) Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic (thanks Sherry). Even in the torrential downpours of yesterday, I felt compelled to drag myself and my poor child out to see what great deals I could find. I really have a problem with getting great bargains and just can not allow these type of deals to slip by unnoticed.

After Old Navy (2 pairs of CHEAP capris) and Gap (1 cute top), I didn't have it in me to drive across town in the pouring rain to see what Banana Republic had, but on my way home I started mentally going through my closet. I was trying to remember what color capris I had and if they still fit (trying to make myself OK with the fact that I just bought 2 more).

Big Mama does a post on her blog every week called Fashion Friday. This week she said in order to know what you have and what you need, you must take everything out of your closet and try it all on! So... when I got home, it began.

I took out all of my clothes, hangers and all, made 3 piles (keep, Goodwill, clean/alter), and tried everything on. I literally spent 4 hours in my bra and panties in front of HGTV trying on every article of clothing in my closet. Luckily, it was a nasty, rainy day and my little munchkin slept for nearly 3 hours despite the sucker, goldfish, and yogurt melts, I had to ply him with to keep him in his stroller while I shopped. I guess that's one positive thing about being 2 and so active, he burns off sugar in record time once he's out of the stroller and free!

About 3:00, Jimmy got home from his fishing tournament (yes, he got up at 5:30 a.m. and sat in a boat in the pouring rain for 8 hours trying to catch fish). After 5 years of marriage, I still haven't figured out if he's crazy or just very dedicated.

He came in SOAKED through 4 layers of clothing (poor thing) and really wanted a long, hot bath and to lay down in his warm bed. This is what our bed looked like when he got home... sorry honey!
I tried to overlook the fact that he took off all 4 layers of wet clothing and made yet another pile of clothes in the middle of the bedroom... that I would eventually clean up. Sometimes it's just better to bite your tongue and keep sorting... you know, one of those "What Would Jesus Do?" moments. :)

Poor Ginger couldn't even find an inch on the bed to lay down and watch all the commotion, so she just picked a pile (and I wander why every piece of clothing I own is covered in dog hair).



At 10:00 last night, I finally finished and had everything hanging perfectly in my closet!! My side looks so much better and I got rid of things I had had WAY too long, or had literally not had on in years (until yesterday that is).

Putting everything on the bed was great motivation to get my little project finished, knowing that we could not go to sleep until it was cleaned up... if not, I could have easily turned this into a 2-3 day ordeal.

He doesn't know it yet, but tonight, we are doing Jimmy's side!

0 comments: