Thursday, March 5, 2009

Morning #2

Bare Naked Baby... take 2. This morning, while I was checking my e-mail and making coffee (my pre-Trace routine) I heard T talking and singing on the monitor in his room. I envisioned him up there in his bed, the morning light flooding his room, with his feet propped up on the rails singing to himself... completely naked.

I know it's time to get him when I hear the words "mommy, out" or "mommy, juice". Those are my clues, he's ready to begin the day. This time, as I was rounding the corner on my way up, I hear in a very loud, proud voice, "I poo-poo!" (so much for all the cheese he ate yesterday). Now, knowing he is more than likely naked in his bed amongst all of his blankets, pillows, sheets, and bumper pads, I tore up the stairs in record time. Maybe my new membership at Studio 360 is paying off!

Sure enough, he was sitting in his crib, with his pjs in the floor and his 15 pound diaper perched on top of the headboard. Luckily, he still confuses poo-poo and pee-pee... much to my relief. He had pee-peed through the railing of the bed and onto the carpet... at least he was smart enough to know to aim out instead of all over his blankets and pillow! Amazing that I was able to find the bright side, huh.

Since yesterday I laughed (sometimes you just can't help it, toddlers are so darn cute!), I knew today I needed to discourage this. With my shocked and sad face I told him "no, no we don't take our pjs and diaper off in the bed." Well, we will see what tomorrow morning brings!

I have scoured Belk, Target, Children's Place and Penney's trying to find pj's that snap around the middle and are 2 pieces in the attempt to squelch his new hobby. Found tons of ones that are two pieces but none with the feet in them. I'm just not ready to give up the little footed pajamas for the big boy kind with no feet... call me crazy, but he's still my baby!

2 comments:

Andi said...

we have those jammies u are talking about that snap the shirt to the bottoms. I believe grammy got those for us so I'll ask where she got them and they do have feet. Although, Trace seems pretty smart so I'm sure he'd figure out how to get them off anyway. ha!
And fyi - Josh eats cheese by the handful (or bagful really)and it doesn't seem to "bother" him either!

Trinity said...

Ok, I am just catching up here. I had no idea you were having such trouble with pajamas! I have found Brooklynn nakes several times, but for the most part she loves footed pajamas. I think she would wear them all day- and hey, she does some days! I have no advice. My 3 year old still has a paci. But maybe my thoughts on that subject will help you here-- I decided a long time ago if a paci was my biggest problem, life was pretty good. Maybe that helps you too! He is so cute! I love babies in the morning!