Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birthdays and Checkups

Last Sunday, we celebrated my mom and cousin Emily's birthdays. They share the same birthday and we always celebrate them together. Mom has always said that Emily was her 37th birthday present from her brother Tommy. She was actually in the delivery room filming (from the waist up) when she was born. I won't say how old mom is, but Emily turned 21 so... you do the math!! Aren't they both beautiful?




Wonder if I could get Andy and Kadi to give me a niece for my 37th birthday! Huh, I'll be 34 in May and they get married this August, so that gives them 3 years... plenty of time! I think I'll put that request in and see what happens :)

Trace and Nalin are patiently waiting (as patiently as two toddlers can) to blow out the candles and get to the cake and ice cream.




Thursday, we went back to my old school, Woodmore Elementary, to celebrate my friend Penny's 5oth!! She was such a sport. They announced her birthday over the morning announcements, had a banner on the door to her classroom, put black "over the hill" balloons on her desk, she wore a tiara and a button all day, and probably answered 5 millions times that day how old she was. Nothing makes you feel better than hearing repeatedly "Wow, you're even older than my grandmother!" Trace and I took pizzas and met them for lunch. He loves going to school and seeing all the children. He was really in awe when all 75 sang happy birthday to her!

We also had Trace's 2 year checkup this week. Yes, we were a little late but this was Dr. C's first available appointment. My little munchkin weighed 30.6 lbs and is officially 3 feet tall!! He's in the 75th percentile for weight and 90th for height... growing like a weed!

It's silly, but it made me sad when he hardly fit on the mat they lay them on to measure their height, it only goes to 36 inches. It seems like only yesterday he was so small and didn't even cover a third of it. This was also the last time they measured his head, I'm assuming they were content with it's growth!

I remember going there when he was 2 days old and jaundice wiping everything down, including him, like a lunatic. Now he runs around in his diaper, lays on the floor (yikes), and touchs everything possible.

One particular toy they had in our room was bordering on obnoxious, and after an hour and 10 minutes of waiting in an 8 x 8 room with a very active 2 year old, I decided this needed to be a new torture devise used in prisons. Forget solitary confinement, they outta try this out and see what happens to the crime rate!

Adding to the drama, you could hear babies screaming from the other rooms while they were getting their shots. Trace wanted to go see them, and attempted several times to flee the room in his diaper to go check on the "nying babies" as he calls them.

By the time we saw the doctor, Jimmy and I were the ones that needed a shot of something and our blood pressure checked! But, we were very thankful he got a wonderful, healthy report.

0 comments: