Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Wow, it's hot outside... and only getting hotter. This past week, we have tried to stay as cool as possible, but my outdoor loving son just doesn't seem content with a life indoors in the AC. So we have tried to incorporate H2O into all of our outdoor adventures!

Trace washed his first car last week and loved it... can't you tell! Granddaddy's car only gets a good washing about every 2 years (sorry Granddaddy) and Trace was just the man for the job. Cofer Service Group may have just found it's next employee, if only it weren't for those pesky child labor laws!


You can't tell by the picture (and what a lovely one it is), but I am terrified! Lake water and I have never been close, at least when I can help it.

I have always told Jimmy that if I fell in around a boat dock, don't bother jumping in to save me from drowning, because my heart would have already stopped from the sheer panic of it all. Have you ever seen what swims around those boats!?!?

But, the other day it was so hot on the boat, I had to dive in. Trace, of course, wanted in with me so Jimmy threw me a life jacket and away we floated.

You may notice my legs are very close to the surface. That is because I was kicking them constantly. Jimmy kept yelling, "you don't have to kick anymore, you have on a life jacket!" But I'm not treading water, I am constantly in motion to ward off anything that might attempt to nibble me... ohhh the thought of it makes me cringe.

And now I had to protect my little munchkin too! I'm trying very hard to not make Trace a lakeaphobe like his momma...but I'm not doing a very good job! ha!


I LOVE this picture! I kept Lucia's girls today while she went with her mom for her chemo treatment (we love you Shirley and are praying for you!)

Trace is always asking when "Baywee" and Kate can come over and play. They loved playing in the sprinkler and with the water hose.

Nothing cuter than a soppin wet, bare chested, helmet wearing tot on a tricycle!
Here's Bailey with the water launcher (thank you Claire, you're right... best $1 I ever spent!)

Sadly, I have already had to hide it... from my husband! When I brought it home the other night, I told Jimmy that Trace was not going to be allowed to shoot people with it only up into the air and other objects. He agreed that was a good rule and waited an entire 2 minutes after I had put Trace down to sleep before ambushing me in the bathroom with it. Hair soaked, PJ's soaked, floor soaked, momma MAD!

I knew he couldn't resist but I at least appreciated him not doing it in front of the child... what an example! ha! Payback is coming dear, you just wait!

The future of America folks... a doctor, an army girl and a fireman!

They were pooped (they weren't the only ones), so we crashed on the couch for a while and watched Thomas the Train. Look how sweet... holding hands!
Ginger took several hits from the water launcher. She was just glad to be dry and out of the line of fire! Her and Bailey became fast friends. Can't you just hear her now, "Yeah, yeah, you rub my neck just like that and I'm going to lay here and sleep".
Love you girls, come back and play soon!!

2 comments:

Andi said...

I too HATE lake water, ocean water...any water that isn't crystal clear with no swimming creatures in it. Freaked out for you!
What a dear friend you are. I know Lucia appreciated knowing the girls were safe, having a good time & could relax enough to be a comfort to her mom. What a heart you have!!
See you Saturday bright & early.

Claire said...

Glad you are all enjoying the water launchers. I went back today to get three more and they were almost all gone. I needed back-ups for our beach trip. Not only for my three kids, but I figured my hubby, brother, and Dad would need their own too. :-)