Thursday, June 25, 2009

Waitin' on a flood?

So cute! Yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave the house, I told Trace, "Go get your shoes on."

I used that phrase very loosely... it actually just consists of Trace going to the "shoe basket" by the back door, finding 2 matching shoes and returning with them in hand for me to put them on, but you see the goal we are working towards here.

Anyway, as I was waiting patiently for him to return, I hear him mumbling and fumbling in the hall closet. He emerges from the closet wearing... his rain boots. I was expecting him to bring me his crocs (best $6 I ever spent at Wal-Mart). It was so adorable, I had to take a picture.

They go nicely with his outfit, don't ya think?

He was so proud of himself! I didn't have the heart to tell him they were on the wrong feet, 50/50 chance...poor little guy (or that it was going to reach 90 degrees that day with no drop of rain in sight!) ha!

Well, I have to get back to CNN, Fox News, E!, and 20/20. It has truly been a sad day, especially for those of us growing up in the 80's, losing Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

I am one of those types that hibernates in front of the TV when something like this happens and flip between all of the channels. It drives Jimmy CRAZY but I become a little obsessed with hearing all the facts and interviews... over and over again.

Jimmy will walk in and say, "didn't you just hear ...?" "Yes, honey, but now I have to hear Larry King and Ryan Seacrest say it to make it official."

I watched the special on Farrah a couple of weeks ago and cried through the whole thing. It truly is a tragedy, and my prayers go out to both of their families.

0 comments: