Saturday, June 6, 2009

Kadi's Bridal Shower

Today, I helped host a bridal shower for my soon to be sister-in-law, Kadi. I have been waiting a long time to finally get to do this and was so happy to have it at my house.

This was the last Golden Girl's bridal shower...it was kinda like the end of an era. To say they are like a well oiled machine is putting it mildly. They really don't even have to speak to each other, they just all know what to do. I just cleaned my house, made spinach dip and sangria and tried to stay out of the way!

Here they are with the infamous "wedding sock". Each bride is required to get a picture with the GG's and the bride and groom sock. This tradition started 11 years ago when Anne got married and ended today with Kadi.
I was THRILLED that the citronella tiki torches Jimmy nailed to the deck last night didn't topple over and ignite my house on fire with 30 people inside AND they actually kept the bugs away!!! Between worrying about an inferno and trying to keep Ginger from getting run over in the front yard, I didn't get near as many pictures of everyone as I wanted. Ahhh, the burdens of a hostess... ha!

Me, my mom, Kadi's mom, and the bride to be!
Can you tell these moms are a little excited about this wedding? How does the saying go... When children find true love, parents find true joy. So true!

The 2nd generation of GG's... the GG juniors!

I was still cleaning up when Trace woke up from his nap. He loved fishing the cherries out of the punch bowl with a spoon... thanks Jane! Nothing like handing your toddler a metal spoon and letting him whip it around your husband's grandmother's antique crystal punch bowl. Believe me, that activity was highly supervised!


When he saw the left over cake, he ran to the bar singing "happy to me" (translation-"happy birthday to me"). Everytime he sees cake he automatically thinks it's somebody's birthday (translation- he gets to blow out the candles and then eat it).

It was a wonderful day and I can't wait for the main event in August!! The GG's did a fantastic job as always. Hopefully, they will be doing a baby shower someday soon... nothing like a little baby pressure.

Kadi asked me today, when that will start after the wedding and I told her ohhhh, about 15 minutes into the reception, probably between the first dance and cutting the cake!

0 comments: