Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Birthday at the Lake

So for my thirty-seventh second birthday, I decided I wanted a day at the lake with some dear friends.    

I adore this family!!
Our group gets together every few months, but it rarely includes the hubbies and kiddos.  This was the perfect way to happily combine us all.
 We left the littlest ones at home (thank God for grands!!) and headed to my dad's marina. 

We looked like we were moving in...
 We started off tied to the dock at the side of the marina, but that day was a high of 90+ and we were in FULL sun.


 The boys did a little grillin'...
 The girls did a little eatin'...
 Jill joined us halfway through the day, in between Ethan's ball games.  We really missed having Ethan, Abby and Will there to play but it gave us the perfect excuse to do it again!
  The kids played in the water until Trace was nearly lethargic and waterlogged. In 5+ years, I've never seem him so exhausted.  I wouldn't let him walk the dock alone without a life jacket for fear he'd fall asleep standing up and fall in.
It didn't take long before our frail, ailing bodies turned on us.  We couldn't take the heat like in the good ole days.  Midway through the day, we called Papaw to come pull us back under the slip and we reveled in the shade like the old farts we are.

 We sat around talking, and relaxing.  It was a perfect day!
Hey ladies...


 I couldn't think of a better way to spend my birthday eve.  I love getting old with these gals :)


0 comments: