Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tubey or not tubey

Well...we decided Tubey.

After numerous ear infections that have gotten our sweet Sassy down, we agreed with Dr. Fowler, that she needed tubes.  We took her to the ENT last Tuesday, and let's just say... they didn't make friends.  In fact, her pig tails didn't make it through the appointment.  By the time Dr. Fowler left the room, she had screamed so much and writhed around on me, that she looked like she could play the lead in an 80's hair band.  They couldn't even do her hearing test because she was so hysterical.  (I think it was that light thingy he wore on his head.)   I was a little worried about how she would do today, but luckily all was well!  Thanks, no doubt, to some "happy juice."

Before the juice...



After the juice...

(Please pardon my pitiful appearance in these pictures, as I told my friend Christy...5 a.m. is not my friend.)
Oh Daddy, I feel so weird...
but I kinda like it.
Yep, yep, I like it!
I've hit the wall.
Yes, we were "those" parents taking pictures and videos of our drunk toddler.  It was a little creepy to watch, but very entertaining.
Amazingly, we were home by 9:00 in time for breakfast.  Even after happy juice, she is truly "happiest" of all when she's eating!
I pray these help my girl and keep the ear infections to a minimum.  Everyone at T.C. Thompson was wonderful with her and made us so comfortable. God truly puts pediatric people in the right places!!


**  Just want to record this for my own memory sake...

This has been a rough week.  We knew she couldn't have this done if she had any fever or congestion, and Trace has been sick for 2 weeks.  It started with him last Monday night.  He ran a fever and complained a little of a sore throat.  After 2 negative strep tests and 1 negative mono test, the fever was still there 8 days later.  So Dr. May (LOVE HIM!!!) at Highland wanted to do some blood work because I had mentioned to him that he had had a "bullseye" looking place on his arm on Mother's Day.  His immediate reaction was a tick bite... Lyme disease.  I was terrified.  The only 2 people I know with Lyme disease, have suffered tremendously with it.  But I knew God was in control and I had to give it all to Him.

So we took him to T.C. Thompson's on Monday (yes, I've had both of my children there this week. I don't care to do that again.) and they took a ton of blood.  Everything came back normal (Praise God!!) which eliminated some of the really scary things Jimmy and I were thinking but afraid to say out loud.  We just found out today that the Lyme test was also negative!!  So... since they started him on a 14 day round of antibiotics on Monday in case it was Lyme, we will probably never know if it was truly viral or in fact a (less serious) tick bite disease called Ehrlichioses.  Either way, his fever is finally gone, hopefully for good, and there is color and life back in my sweet boy's face!

The sheer look of relief in Jimmy's eyes when I told him this afternoon, made me realize how afraid he really was.  You're mind goes to terrible places when your kids are sick and you have no answers.  My babies have the best daddy!!  It's been a week full of prayer and thankfulness...hopefully nothing but good health will follow!!!





0 comments: