Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 5- Disney (Hollywood Studios and 50's Primetime Cafe

Last day...

 We spent our final day in Hollywood Studios.
I had been told by all my Disney going friends to go straight to Toy Story Mania in the very back and get a fast pass.  So the minute we arrived, I drug everyone along while I meandered my way through this park I'd never been in to find THE ride.

It was 10:00 when we got there, the ride already had a 75 minute wait and the fast passes were for 5:30 that night!  WHAT???  No way was this group going to make it til 5:30, and no way were these parent's going to wait in line for an hour and 15 minutes.

Lucky for us, Trace had no idea what he was missing, had heard nothing about it, and didn't seem to be bothered at all that we walked away, defeated.  (I realize I won't always have that luxury)  We took advantage of the fact that he was completely distracted by one of the 20 gift shops outside the ride and moved on to Plan B.  I was much more disappointed than he was. :(

This lady did his Spiderman face in less than 5 minutes.  It looked amazing and stayed on all day.


Onto the rides...
Mom and dad took Keatyn to see Beauty and the Beast, which they said was unbelievable, while Jimmy, Trace and I hit Rock-n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. 

I was seriously impressed with my boy's guts.  He was willing to ride anything once, even when we warned him about how loud and fast they might be.  Since we'd never been there either, we could only go on the "reputations" that proceeded these rides.  A little scary, when you're putting your baby on them.
Aerosmith's Rock-n-Roller Coaster
He was pumped!
That was the first ride where I couldn't look at his face and see if he was OK.  I was a nervous wreck the whole time that he was terrified and forever scarred.  It was SO fast and SOOOO loud.  I just kept squeezing his leg, trying to comfort him.  But when it stopped, I realized I was holding on to his leg to comfort myself, all I heard was him laughing.  Then I saw this picture...
He loved it!

Then on to Tower of Terror.  Notice where his fingers were... ha!  I'm certain that's where they would have been in Rock-n-Roller Coaster too, if the G-force had allowed his little arms to move.
After those two big ones, we rode Star Wars and Jimmy and I nearly lost our lunch.  We had just come off the fastest roller coasters in the park and I about puked in the 3-D simulator.  But luckily... the force was with me. :)

For lunch, we ate at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.  It's a throwback to the 1950's where the waiters actually fuss at you for putting your elbows on the tables and it's good ole fashion cooking like fried chicken and meatloaf.  I thought my parents would love it!
But they slept through the whole thing...  :)
Missing Ginger...

A PB&J milkshake to share...

After a HUGE meal, they brought out 2 of these.  Again... gotta love the free meal plan!
I asked Trace after lunch if he wanted to stay and do Disney Jr. Live and a few other things I'd been told to see OR go back to the hotel and swim.  Pool it was.  I tried not to think about all the money we had spent on park passes, in order to go back and swim (like we could be doing in Chattanooga FOR FREE.)  But by this point, everyone was tired!  So we called it a day. 
Disney was officially over.  Some of us were relieved...
We hit the beloved pirate pool for the last time.
A little sibling love...
Oh, my heart!
That night, Trace wanted to go back to Nana and Papaw's hotel and spend the night, so we headed to Shutters again to eat.  Our last free meal... we made it a good one!
Keatyn's plate.
A little (could have used 3) treat for mommy...
That night, they curled up in the bed and watched some of the Auburn game before falling asleep.
Heading home tomorrow.  Bye-bye Mickey!

0 comments: