Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 6- Disney (Homeward Bound)

Well, eventually all the magic must come to an end.  Although, not all the magic ended, because look who slept all the way from Orlando to Atlanta!!!
Thank you again, Benedryl.

And while I realize this is a horrifically unflattering picture of me (and it appears I may be nursing my child on an airplane. I assure you, I am not)  I wasn't about to budge that baby an inch to reposition my top, thus showing everyone on board just how flat chested one can become after breastfeeding 2 children.

It was worth it kids.  And you're welcome.

Papaw did the honors, yet again, of hauling us all to the airport, saving us a ton of travel time and numerous bus changes and stops.  He even brought our luggage home in their car the next day and saved us $50 in baggage fees.  I came home with NO dirty clothes, for a magical 24 hours... it was divine!

(But again, the magic has to end.  To the tune of 6 loads of laundry.)

Our flight home was SO much better than the trip down.  No storms, everything was on time, plenty of time to eat lunch in the Atlanta airport, potty and get to our gate.  We even landed in Chattanooga about 15 minutes before we were scheduled.  Perfection!!  AND without luggage we simply walked off the plane, found our car (that Uncle Andy and Aunt Kadi so sweetly dropped off that morning) and were on our way home sweet home!

I learned a little trick when traveling with a toddler.  The airlines claim it's helpful to let parents with "infants in arms" board first.  However, I learned after our first leg of the flight going down, that just means you are wrestling with your precious "infant in arms" in a confined, very hot airplane for an extra 25 minutes while the rest of the plane boards.  So I let my little bundle of energy joy run like a wild banchee around the airport until the last possible second and then boarded. I'll take my chances with the overhead bins being full and having to put my carry-ons under my seat.  Much less stressful for all.

I don't think I've every been prouder of this guy.  He was such a sweet and gracious little traveler.  While we heard other kids melting down all around us (especially when we circled above Orlando for hours) his behavior and manners impressed me so much.  I'd take him to Disney World any day!  He certainly earned his wings...
And Sassy did too.  Thanks to a couple doses of Benadryl, a few boxes of raisins, several baggies of Goldfish, a couple snack bags of M&Ms ... etc... etc...
It was a fantastic trip!  Again, I repeat.

WE COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT THE GRANDPARENTS... THANK YOU!!!

When we go back, it will probably be without strollers and nap times and that will make it a little easier, but I wouldn't change a thing about our first adventure.  And I'm so grateful we got to share it with Sisty, Granddaddy, Nana and Papaw!  We love you so much!!

Till next time Mickey...   :)

0 comments: