Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cheap Sheets

OK, with the economy in the dumps and everyone's wallet stretched thin, I thought I would pass this along. I found CHEAP sheets... even king size! As you know, usually a set of king sheets cost a fortune and rarely do you find a deal where the price is the same no matter the size. I always cuss a little under my breath when buying sheets for my jumbo, California King mattress but we sleep with a dog every night who thinks she is a human and should have her 1/3 of the bed (and preferably a pillow) so... looks like there are no Queen size beds in our future.

In the mall (Northgate) in the Applebee's wing there is a kiosk selling Egyptian Cotton 400 thread count sheets (all sizes and colors) for $20 or 600 thread count sheets for $25. Now everyone that knows me laughs about how I am always looking for the next great deal. I can't even remember the last time I actually paid full price for something. Well, I take that back, I bought a shirt (not off the sale rack) from Target and paid FULL price for it yesterday. However, I figured that since it was from Target (my favorite store) it was already "discounted" enough. I am such a sucker for great deals. Hobby Lobby and I are really tight, I get giddy looking at the 50% off adds in the paper! Target is another example. You can't believe what all you can find on the end of the aisle shelves all marked 30% off!!

Anyway, I bought a set of King sheets (I did the 400 thread count) and it actually came with 4 king size pillow cases which was nice! I am not a conisseur of sheets so I'm not promising anything. I have only washed them and slept on them once but they didn't fall apart in the washer or form little balls in the middle of the night (I hate that) so... so far so good. Just thought I would pass that along in case anyone is in the market for sheets or looking for a quick, inexpensive Christmas gift. Happy shopping!

0 comments: