Thursday, October 2, 2008

Back to School!

Today, Trace and I went to visit my friends at Woodmore. I taught there for 9 years and am still very close to several teachers there. It is always great to see them and catch up on how things are going. Although I am so thankful to be at home with Trace, I will always miss my school, friends, and the children there. That was my first and only school and it has a very special place in my heart!

Pulling in, I told Trace that is were mommy worked when he was in my belly. He grew in me listening to my children talk to him and rub my belly as if they could touch him. I still remember the first time I took him after he was born, one of my former kindergarten students asked if he could "pet" him!

It was so good to see everyone. Lynda, Penny, and April were so sweet to share their lunch with Trace, who is quite the begger. I think he ate half of Lynda's peanut butter sandwich and half of Penny's candy corns. Aunt Penny and Aunt Lynda, we will be looking forward to lunch on Fall Break! I know Lynda reads my blog, so if you are reading, please know how often I think about and miss you all! When you do a job that is not always easy, the people you work with become your family. They understand your daily struggles and help get you through the hard days. They are also the first ones there to share your triumphs and successes with children and truly understand the joy teaching brings to your life. You guys made me a better teacher, and I will always be grateful for that! Thank you for all you do for children and for your friendship!!
GO WOODMORE EAGLES!!

2 comments:

Andi said...

well i take it that mr. trace isn't allergic to peanuts....good to hear! hope to see you guys at the carnival this weekend & addison is looking forward to her play date with trace!

Anonymous said...

Hey...it's Amanda...I am now checking out your blog!! Your little boy is soooo cute!! By the way...what was your maiden name? You look so familiar...and wow...how neat that we are I guess somewhat related? CRAZY...small world!!