Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I got tagged!

OK, yesterday Trinity tagged me to post 7 random facts about myself. After reading everyone else's, I must say I was a little intimidated b/c I don't find myself very interesting, but here goes. These are in no particular order.

1. I keep a pad and pen by my bed so I can write things down at night when I wake up or can't sleep. It comes from my years of teaching and having ideas pop into my head as I was trying to go to sleep, knowing that if I didn't write it down I would NEVER rest. I still wake up and write down Christmas gift ideas or things I need to do that day. When I was pregnant, I would write down baby names or questions for the doc. Imagine trying to decipher(sp?) the next morning what you wrote in the dark at 3 a.m. After I got Trinity's "tag", of course, trying to fall asleep last night, I had to get my pen and paper out and jot down some random facts about myself. Silly... I know, but that's me!
2. 3 things I love, love, love...
Captain D's sweet tea- I go through the drive-thru at least 3-4 times a week just for the tea. They know me there, I'm the lady with the "medium sweet tea, no lemon". I hand them my $1.96 and they say, "See you tomorrow!" I figure if that's the worst thing I'm ever addicted to, it's OK.
Massages- Don't get them often (too pricey) but would everyday if I could. If only I could convince Jimmy it would make me nicer and easier to live with.
Open Houses- I don't know why, maybe I was supposed to be a realtor and missed my calling but I LOVE going into open houses. We aren't even looking for a house, but you let me pass an Open House sign on a Sunday between 2-5 and oh I'm gonna stop! I don't know if it's a nosy thing of mine but I can't help myself. I feel like I've hit the jackpot if I find a neighborhood under construction and all of the houses are open... hours of fun!! When we were building our house and getting ideas on floor plans and paint colors, Jimmy laughed and said I had been in every house being built in Hamilton County... he's probably right!
3. I have a gun permit. I know, it's scary that the state of Tennessee found it fitting to issue me a permit to carry a concealed weapon. What is even scarier is the picture of me on it. I made Jimmy promise if I ever came up missing he would not use that picture on my missing posters or TV. But really, are you supposed to look all glammed up for a gun permit picture?
4. I got my Masters degree in School Administration knowing I was never going to be a principal. Believe me, sometimes I think "how stupid" too. I hold the upmost respect for school administrators and feel they are underappreciated. However, I wanted a master (your teaching salary increases with one) and the guidance counselors degree was to long. I am the only person from my graduating class that has yet to pursue a job in administration. Oh well, I knew I wanted to be a mommy and didn't think I could do both well.
5. I can do the splits on the wall. Yes, I know that sounds ridiculous and somewhat crude but there are pictures to prove it. I loved dancing when I was younger and in high school my dance coach made us do these warmups and stretches that made me very flexible. My best friend in high school thought it was hilarious and made me do it at random gatherings. I haven't tried it in years and don't plan to anytime soon...I'm sure I would seriously hurt myself!
6. I am still looking for my great hobby or passion. I always feel weird when people ask what do you like to do, what are your hobbies? I don't know. I love doing a lot of things but can't say I am great at anything. I would love to learn to play golf or tennis one day or be a master gardener (I have a black thumb) but I just haven't found my niche yet. I laugh and say lunch/dinner with my girlfriends is my hobby. When I have a couple of hours free, that's what I enjoy doing most. Does that count?
7. If there was one thing I wish I could do really well it is... sing. I am so envious of people that can use their talent to inspire and touch people. I sit at church and get chill bumps listening to people praise God with their voices. It is truly and gift and anyone sitting around me at church will tell you, I don't have it! I am thankful God gave us many other ways to praise and glorify him.

Who knows, maybe when I get to heaven, I'll have... a voice like an angel, be a principal with a real estate license, grow any flower I want, get a massage everyday, and play tennis like Venus Williams. Hmmm... do you think there's a Captain D's in heaven?

Well, there you go, 7 random facts about me... that was hard work!

I tag Sean/Leslie and Andi L.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Heidi: I never knew all those interesting facts about you and I do know a lot about you, right? You wish you could sing????? I wish I could compose as you do. I love keeping up with Trace's Place. Love ya, Jane

Trinity said...

Dinner with friends is definitely a hobby! See you tomorrow night!

Andi said...

This was fun...its fun to learn really random facts about people we think we might know. I think its hilarious that you are the sweet tea with no lemon, I must say I hate captain d's but am so inclined to just swing thru to try the sweet tea - Josh will tell you I'm a tea connoisseur!!! Thanks for the laughs.