Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a difference a week makes!

Well, the church carnival was lots of fun and wonderful to be apart of. Jimmy and I volunteered for an hour and then picked Trace up from my grandmothers (thank you Nanny) and took him for some fun. As you can see from the above picture he LOVED the inflatables. He climbed right in and jumped his heart out. I have always been afraid to put him in one (I know you are shocked), but this was just for little guys so in he went! There was face painting, kids crafts, free snocones, games, and yes... animals!

I am amazed at the difference a week can make! Posted below is proof of the transformation that took place in a mere 7 short days...

Trace, at the Hamilton County Fair one week ago. He was not loving the goats and certainly not wanting any part of touching, feeding, or smelling them! If you can't tell, that is a choke hold he has got around my neck. One of those, you put me down now and I will have a meltdown, holds!


Today at the carnival, gladly feeding the goats! He loved it so much, we later ventured into the pin and he touched (and probably terrified) the goats and chickens.
Again, at the County Fair last Saturday. I can only imagine his little face I couldn't capture on film. Why is it parents laugh and smile when their child is so obviously afraid? I am grinning like crazy in the first picture while Trace is terrified of the goats... is that cruel or normal?
And today, look at my little guy up on that horse! I couldn't believe it. Now... we got him on the horse, and he even petted him, but he wasn't too crazy about him actually walking, so this blissful moment didn't last long! But WOW... last weekend he wouldn't even look at it, much less get on for a ride!
In a toddler's world, seven days can mean the difference in crawling/walking, babbling/talking, up playing at 3 a.m./ sleeping peacefully through the night, diapers/potty trained... and ... terrified of farm animals/ riding your first horse! Goes so show how fast they really do grow up... I wish I could slow it down just a little. Cherish every moment!

0 comments: