Monday, September 29, 2008

Community Carnival- October 4!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my church, Hixson United Methodist, is holding there annual Community Carnival this Saturday, October 4th from 2-6. The carnival is done as a Christian outreach to the Community and is completely FREE! The flyer says, games, prizes, crafts, face painting, snowcones, bingo, petting zoo, inflatables, popcorn, and pony rides. Hotdogs will be sold for a small fee. The carnival is held on the ballfields below the church (across from Vandergriff Park). That ballfield, Thaxton Field, holds a very special place in my heart. Not only did my brother and I spend countless years playing there, but they are named after my late grandfather, Ned Thaxton, who I miss every day! Hope to see you there!

0 comments: