Saturday, September 13, 2008

HELP... he has escaped the crib!

This is one of those mommy moments I have been dreading. Trace was supposedly down for his nap when he begins singing at the top of his lungs. I go upstairs to retuck and replug and I find him standing at the door!! I put him back in his crib and anxiously watch to see how he did it. He got his leg slung over and was pushing himself up onto the top rail when I pulled him down, thankful he hadn't busted his head the first time.

There are few moments during the day when you can relax and know that your toddler is contained and virtually safe (God willing). Nap time is one of those, actually, it's the only one. Now, I have to live in fear that the moment I close the door and walk down the steps he will catipult (sp?) himself right out of his bed and once again be free. I can't stand the thought that he is old enough for a "big boy" bed but don't want to take the chance of him hurting himself. For now, I have turned his bed around so that the lowest part is against the wall. Maybe that will detour him for a little while... any other suggestions????

0 comments: